At Christ the King CVA, we believe that it is extremely important that clear systems and structures are in place to keep children safe. In school, all staff are aware of who the Designated Safeguarding Lead in School is, what his role is and who to contact when he is not present in school. The staff in these roles can be seen below:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) – Mrs Joanne Love (Assistant Principal)
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Mrs Polly Smith (Family Support Worker)
- Other Staff who have completed the DSL Training
- Mr Steve Akers (Behaviour for Learning Manager)
- Miss Danielle Eddyshaw (Inclusion Manager)
- Mr Andy Riding (Assistant Principal)
In the first instance, staff will always contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead or the Deputy Safeguarding Lead, should they have concerns about the safety of one of our students. On the rare occasion that one of these two members of staff are not available, Mr Riding, Mr Akers or Miss Eddyshaw will always be on hand to assist. There will never be a situation where a member of the Safeguarding Team is not available to assist with the concerns of a member of staff.