Children need to learn to express themselves in many different forms from stories to poems to newspapers to reports. Their understanding of what they need to do to complete these tasks will be helped if they read regularly.
There are, however, ways that you can help us to support your child’s learning.
- Talk about written work with your child. By explaining it to you, they will understand it better themselves.
- Try to get your child to think about the audience, purpose and form of every writing task. This will help them to improve their understanding of writing in different forms and help them to make links between the skills they need for different subjects.
- Encourage your child to take pride in the quality and presentation of lasix medication their work by asking to see it and praising success.
- Help your child to check their work carefully. You could help them recognise ways to improve their work and point out any errors you spot.
- Check through any homework with your child using the Guidelines for Presentation and VCOP resources available on their FROG account. Encourage them to use the most advanced vocabulary, connectives, sentence openers and punctuation.