We feel that it is important to support our parents to know how they can protect their children, where to find help and raise concerns if necessary.
As well as skills which are taught within the specific curriculum of Religious Education, PSHE & RSE, please find below contact details for a variety of organisations who support parents and young people if they have any safeguarding, mental health or welfare needs.
- Parent line 07520 619919: Healthy Family Teams confidential texting service to provide parents and carers advice around feeding, child development, parenting advice and support, emotional health and wellbeing, behaviour difficulties and family health.
- Health4kids – www.healthforkids.co.uk; this is an NHS site supporting young children and parents.
- Notts Help Yourself – www.nottshelpyourself.org.uk: this is a site for advice, information and local services available.
All the above websites are for students and their families should they need them.
CAMHS crisis team: (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team) part of the Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
This service is for young people experiencing a mental health crisis. This includes young people who:
- are at risk of immediate and significant self-harm
- are an immediate and significant risk to others due to their mental health
- are being considered for admission to a mental health inpatient unit
- are in acute psychological or emotional distress that is causing them to not be able to go about their daily activities, such as going to school and looking after themselves
Tel: 0115 8542299 or 0115 8440560