Christ the King Catholic Voluntary Academy uses the sQuid payment system as a means for parents and carers to pay for school meals. In addition, we are now able to allow for the payments of school trips and other items via this online system. Please note we no longer accept cash or cheques as the school now operates a cashless system
Advantages of sQuid
There are a range of advantages in taking this action, for parents, students and staff at the school, some of which are detailed below:
- Be assured that dinner money is actually being spent on a healthy school meal rather than unhealthy snacks on the way to school.
- No need to go to the bank/cashpoint to get cash out and cash is no lost on the way to school.
- Auto top up allows you to pre-set limits which will enable your sQuid account to be automatically topped up from your bank account
- Convenient – you can log into your account 24 hours per day to suit your lifestyle/other commitments
- Sophisticated fraud prevention and detection processes embedded within the software so you can be assured that your details are secure.
For those parents/carers who are not currently registered with sQuid, you will need a registration letter which has details to enable you to register your account online. Please contact our Finance Department for a registration letter. Those parents/carers who have previously registered an account but have not used it this term can request a reminder detailing their username from the finance department. This will allow them to reset their password if necessary.
For those parents who do not have access to the internet, alternative ways of payment are:
- Internet access to sQuid is available in the school reception
- Payment to your sQuid account can be made at any branch of Nat West Bank.
You MUST however, quote a reference number that sQuid provide to enable the funds to be credited to the correct account. The finance department will be happy to help with any queries.
Students who are entitled to receive a free school meal, the sQuid system will credit their account on a daily basis with the price of a main meal. If the meal is not taken, the allowance will be automatically removed at the end of the lunch time period. We would encourage all parents who think they may be entitled to register for free school meals to do so. Your child will not be identified in any way to their peers as receiving the allowance and the school can access pupil premium funding to support in a number of other ways, for example with the cost of school trips where appropriate.
The Christ the King Finance Department is able to provide you with assistance should you require it.