Christ the King Sixth Form Admissions Policy
Admission to Year 12
- Internal students must predominantly show an Attitude to learning score of at least 2 and an ATL of 1 or 2 in the subjects they wish to take.
- External students must have a positive reference from their previous educational establishment.
- Students require a minimum of Grade 4 in either English Language or English Literature and a Grade 4 in Maths. In total five grade 4’s are required.
- It is recommended that students secure a grade 5 at GCSE in the subject they wish to study.
Additional Academic Entry requirements
are dependent on option choices but the following information should be taken into account
- Students wishing to study Mathematics or Further Maths at A Level require a minimum of a Grade 6 at GCSE
- Students wishing to study Modern Foreign Languages require a grade 6 at GCSE in that subject.
- The following subjects require a grade 5 in Mathematics in addition to the minimum CTK Post 16 entry requirements: Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Geography, Physics and Psychology.
N.B. Where students secure a high grade 4 in Maths, access to these subjects will be made on an individual basis in discussion with subject teacher specialists.