When students attend Christ the King sixth form, they are expected to undertake the CTK CARE charter which is a volunteer programme where students in Years 12 and 13 give back time in the school week to support the younger members of the school community.
CTK Care Charter
Sixth form students undertake activities such as:
- Leading sports clubs at lunchtime or after school
- Paired reading with Year 7 students
- Being a Teaching Assistant in a subject of their choice
- Supporting classes in the A-Level subjects that they study
- Leading fundraising activities within school
As well as supporting younger members of the school community, the CTK CARE Charter was developed in order to enhance the UCAS and job/apprenticeship applications of our students. Many universities and employers look favorably on young people volunteering in their local community, as it helps to develop skills such as confidence and resilience which are vital life skills.