What is the point of Careers Education?
Our world is changing fast! YOU will need different skills to those that your parents or carers developed at school. Most importantly YOU will need skills that YOU can transfer to a variety of different jobs.
The CTK careers programme aims to support everyone and help everyone to have a satisfying and fulfilling adult life. We think this means helping you to do six things:
- Learning to plan for your future and manage your money
- Being able to find something that is right for YOU
- Being able to find out about jobs and courses
- Aiming high
- Knowing that you and everyone around you have a right to be treated equally and that stereotypes are wrong
- Knowing how to progress
The CTK Careers Programme
During Key Stage 3, you will focus on understanding your own personality, abilities, likes and dislikes. In Year 8 you will consider your choices for Key Stage 4. A key point in the Options process is the Year 8 Choices Day and Options Evening. These give you chance to talk about your ideas and plans with your teachers.
During Key Stage 4 you will continue to look ahead, practicing the skills and knowledge essential for managing your own future. Year 10s attend mock interviews and take part in Work Experience. Year 11s have a Choices Day and Sixth Form Open Evening, you may be able to attend personalised careers interviews and have access to our web-based careers programme Pathfinder.
Throughout your time at Christ the King, you will be involved in the following:
- Progress Journal
- Enrichment days
- Enterprise days
- Mock interviews
- Careers Workshops
- Help with application forms, interviews, covering letters and CVs
- Work Experience
- Options Booklet
- Year 10 Choose Success Evening
- Support from a careers advisor
- Development of self reflection on residential trips to The Briars
- Dedicated support from your form tutor, Achievement Leader and Careers Coordinator.
Click the links on the right for further information on what our Careers Department offer.