In English, our curriculum intent is:
- To equip students with the essential reading and writing skills to communicate effectively and meaningfully in all areas of life.
- To empower students to communicate with clarity, creativity and flair, using a wide range of vocabulary and oracy skills
- To experience reading a variety of literature from different eras, cultures, genres and voices
- To develop a range of analytical skills when interpreting texts, including an understanding of how context shapes meaning
- To advance students’ literacy skills and inspire a lifelong engagement with reading
Exam Board Information
Key Stage 4
Key Stage 5
We have a well-stocked Learning Resource Centre (LRC) full of reading materials for students. Please see Mr Thompson (LRC Manager) who can guide you to choose the right book for you.
Subject Leader Information
Subject Leaders: Ms Jo Collins & Mrs Phillippa Bingham
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com